Main content

Oxford Students Advising

As you prepare for your transition from Oxford College to Emory College, the Office for Undergraduate Education provides resources and events to help you prepare well. Beginning in your Sophomore year at Oxford College, we encourage you to reach out and use the resources available to you.

There are a number of advising relationships that we encourage Oxford continuees to develop and foster as they prepare to come to the Atlanta campus, as well as during their time at Emory College.

Faculty Advisor

As part of the Emory Connections Day you will be asked to declare a major, two majors or a major and minor (your concentrations). Once you have declared your chosen concentration(s) you will be assigned an academic advisor from within each concentration you have declared. It may take a few weeks for this process to be completed. The name or names of your advisors will appear on OPUS when your declaration has been processed.

OUE Advising

The Office for Undergraduate Education has a number of academic advisors and deans who are able to help you navigate your academic plan at Emory College. These advisors are available Monday through Friday. They can help you with questions about planning your schedule, progress to graduation and other general academic concerns. To schedule an appointment with an advisor you can utilize one of the following methods below:

Before your first day of class on the Atlanta Campus

  • To set up an appointment before your first day of class on the Atlanta campus, please e-mail us at or call us at 404-727-6069.
  • To set up an appointment you will be able to utilize College Connect to schedule an advising appointment. You will be able to schedule appointments with advisors, tutors and other learning support specialists using this system.

Tutoring & Other Support Services

Emory College offers a wide variety of success programs for students including peer tutoring, writing services, and special workshops. We encourage students to take advantage of these options when you are on campus.

Common Questions

  • What is the Emory College Residency Requirement?

    To graduate, Oxford Continuees will need to complete at least 54 credit hours and three semesters in residence at Emory College. Studying abroad will all satisfy one semester of that requirement.

  • When Do I Declare My Major?

    Oxford Students are required to declare a major at Emory College as part of their Associates of Arts graduation checklist. Some students may do this as early as the Emory Connections Day. If you decide to change your major after your AA Graduation or Emory Connections Day you will need complete the online declaration of major form to register the change you wish to make.
  • How Do I Enroll For College Classes?

    Direct Enrollment at Emory College is very similar to Oxford College but Emory College uses two enrollment appointments for students during each Open Enrollment Period. You can find these in your Student Center on OPUS. For the first appointment, you can register in up to eight credit hours. You will register for your remaining schedule during your second appointment.

  • What is the maximum number of credits I can take at Emory College?

    Under normal circumstances, students may only enroll in 19 credit hours during their time at Emory College. 

    Students may petition OUE to overload up to 22 credit hours. These petitions will be considered if the student’s cumulative GPA is above 3.5, and/or if there are extraordinary reasons for this exception. Students should not expect to be approved for exceptions on a regular basis. Students with outstanding incomplete grades at the start of a semester may not overload.

  • Do I Have to Complete HLTH 100 at Emory College?

    No. Oxford students are exempt from the Health 100 General Education Requirement.

    However, you still need a total of 127 credits to satisfy Emory College's graduation requirements. You must have at least 124 academic credits and 2 PE credits to graduate. This means that additional credit needed can be either academic or non-academic credit. You do not have to take a 3rd PE to graduate.